Would you know how to cope with a medical emergency with your child or grandchild?
3 Hour Workshop.
We ask that you organise the numbers for this workshop with friends/family , work we can find a room suitable if you have no child care to bring your young ones along or we can come to your venue suitable for practical activities on the ground.
Minimum 6 persons – Maximum is 30 persons
£20 to £35 per person price reduces on larger numbers see below
6 x £35 pp – 10 x £30 pp – 15 x £28pp – 20 x £25 pp – 30 x £20pp
Every day children die needlessly in the UK – when basic first aid would have saved their lives…… are you trained, would you know what to do?
Therefore it is quite alarming that nine out of ten parents don’t know basic first aid procedure that might save their child’s life. Every parent should know what to do in an emergency. A fact of life is that children do have accidents and although most are thankfully minor it should be top priority to learn first aid. In excess of half a million toddlers are rushed to accident and emergency each year following accidents in the house – with an average of 76 under 4s dying as a result.
- Furthermore, a further quarter of a million toddlers are injured or killed in garden-related incidents.
- 500,000 children need to go to casualty annually after accidents in the home
- 125,000 children are killed or injured in garden accidents.
- 20,000 children end up in casualty departments with burns
- 5,804 children are injured in road accidents.
- 3,227 children are injured as car passengers
- 100 children die from severe burns every year
- 70 children are killed on the roads every WEEK!
Most common emergencies for babies and toddlers
- Burns and Scalds
- Cuts and Bruises
- Unconscious or not breathing
What we will teach you
- CPR – Adult / Child / Baby
- Show you how an AED works
- Recovery position
- Choking – Child / Baby
- Bleeding / Burns