This course provides employees with updates on first aid protocols and the skills necessary to deal with a range of injuries and potentially life-threatening situations. It is suitable for those who already hold a current First Aid at Work certificate that is nearing expiry and who need to re-train to obtain a valid certificate.
This course is run over two days (minimum of 12 hours) and can be run in-house for up to 12 delegates or individuals can attend our open courses.
- Assessment of a casualty
- Wounds and bleeding
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Casualties overcome by gas or fumes
- Recognition and treatment of illness
- Transportation of casualties
- Client specific subjects including diabetes, epilepsy etc.
- Updates in first aid procedures
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively with emergencies at work
- Use first aid equipment
- Understand employer duties and legislation
- Maintain first aid records
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
Assessment and Certification
The course is assessed via a practical exam. Successful delegates will receive a revised HSE approved First Aid at Work certificate, which is valid for three years. HSE strongly recommends that first-aiders undertake a half day annual refresher training during any three-year FAW/EFAW certification period.
I’m happy to negotiate the cost of each course depending on the number of students attending. We also deliver bespoke courses for individuals or small companies.
We are able to deliver this course on site, reducing your costs in respect of additional time out and travelling. If you only have a small number who need training then please contact us for course availability in your area.
Please fill out the form below to enquire about a booking.